The series was first listed for August 2025, then pushed back to September 2026 after the original window closed without a finalised itinerary. The BCB set out the new timetable in January: three one-day internationals and three Twenty20 internationals, split between Dhaka and Chattogram. None of the dates in that January announcement have been confirmed by the BCCI on the record. The 21 August briefing, at BCB headquarters in Mirpur, is the first time a BCB official has publicly answered a date question about the tour since the January announcement.

Tamim's answer was short. Both boards remain in discussion about the India series, he said, and the dates may be shifted here or there. The wording left room for a move inside the same September window, a swap of one city for another, or a postponement of a few days at either end. The BCCI has not responded publicly to the briefing.

What the BCB has already committed to

The BCB's age-group calendar is the only timetable on the public record right now. The board announced earlier this week that the new Game Development Trophy will run at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur from 28 August through 9 September, with all matches at the same venue. The window overlaps the eight-day run-up to the proposed 3 September ODI, the 3 September opener itself, and the first week of the international series.

Editorial close frame of a press conference at a Dhaka cricket board venue, with a microphone at the podium and the room in soft focus
Tamim Iqbal's 21 August briefing is the first time a BCB official has publicly answered a date question about the India tour since the January announcement. Photograph: editorial render.

The board's contingency for the overlap is built into the announcement. Tamim said the age-group event could be moved to the Basundhara ground in two minutes if the India series is finalised. The remark is the strongest practical signal that the BCB expects the overlap to resolve in India's favour, and that the operational switch is treated as routine rather than as a re-fixture. What the BCB has not committed to is any new date for the India series itself.

The two windows still on the table

Two timelines are still operative. The first is the January BCB announcement: three ODIs (3 September, 6 September, 9 September) followed by three T20Is (12 September, 14 September, 16 September), with venues split between Dhaka and Chattogram. The second is the Game Development Trophy schedule at Sher-e-Bangla through 9 September, which cannot both occupy the Mirpur venue and accommodate an international ODI on the same days.

Reading the briefing against the age-group calendar, three moves are still feasible. The first is a swap of the opening ODI to a Chattogram venue, which would keep the September 3 start date and avoid the Mirpur lock-out. The second is a two-or-three-day shift of the entire series, which would push the opener to 5 or 6 September and resolve the overlap without a venue change. The third is a postponement of one or two of the T20Is past the 16 September closing date, which has not been raised by either board yet. The third is the least likely: it cuts into the BCCI's autumn logistics, and the BCCI has not used any of its public channels to flag a problem on the closing end of the window.

The bilateral backdrop

The schedule is not the only open thread. The relationship between the two boards was tested last year by two linked decisions. Kolkata Knight Riders withdrew Bangladesh fast bowler Mustafizur Rahman from the IPL squad, and the BCB, then led by Aminul Islam, declined to send Bangladesh to the T20 World Cup co-hosted by India. The BCB's leadership changed after that decision. Tamim, who has since taken over as president, reportedly visited the BCCI's Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru earlier in August 2026.

Editorial view of a printed fixture list on a press table, with three columns and six match rows visible in soft afternoon light
The BCB's January list of six matches is the only public fixture card on the record. The BCCI has not yet published a parallel itinerary. Photograph: editorial render.

The visit is the most concrete bilateral engagement of the year so far on the BCB side. Neither board has put out a readout on its outcome, and the BCB's 21 August press conference did not describe the visit in detail. Reading the press conference together with the visit, the practical read is that the two boards are communicating at the working level, that the working-level talks have not yet produced a finalised schedule, and that the BCB is preparing to be ready for a shifted window even if it cannot yet name the new dates.

What the tour still needs to clear

Three operational items remain on the table before the tour can be brought on to the broadcast card. The first is a BCCI announcement confirming the dates, the venues, and the squad logistics. The second is a venue allocation that resolves the Mirpur lock-out during the age-group window. The third is the squad announcement, which the BCCI typically drops two to three weeks before the opening fixture. None of the three has been issued on the public record as of 21 August 2026.

The reader-facing read is that the September 3 ODI remains the most likely first ball of the series, but the date is no longer locked. A shift of two or three days is the more likely outcome than a full postponement, and a shift of the opening ODI to Chattogram is the cleanest way to absorb the age-group window without breaking the schedule. The BCCI's silence is the variable that decides which of the three outcomes actually lands.

What to watch in the next ten days

The next public marker is the BCB's Game Development Trophy opening match on 28 August at Sher-e-Bangla. If the age-group event is moved to Basundhara before the 28 August ball, the read is that the India series is on for the original Mirpur dates. If the age-group event stays at Mirpur, the read is that the India series is moving to a Chattogram opener or a shifted date. The BCB has not said which way the decision will fall.

The second marker is the BCCI's squad announcement, due by the last week of August if the original schedule holds. The third is the BCCI's travel bulletin, which usually names the squad's departure date and the city of arrival in Bangladesh. The bulletin is the last item that lands before the first ball, and the last window in which a postponement can be announced without the broadcast partners having to re-key the fixture list.

For readers tracking the wider international calendar, the running match index at zinoapp.com/matches/ carries the latest broadcast card, the next confirmed fixtures, and the post-match notes as each round of the series closes.